Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sometimes you want to go....

where everybody knows your naaaame....

Well, it's late on a saturday. Okay, not too late, only 9, but it's late for dinner and I haven't eaten yet. It's been a long short week. The four days of class seemed to pass slower than the usual five days. Oh well.

Its been a rough week as I said. Why? Simply put, nothing happened. I went to class. I went to the library. I've been going through the motions just like everybody else, and in reality this is the slowest it's been. Part of the problem, I believe, is that as a result of better understanding in our classes, they are becoming more difficult to grasp. There is nothing straight forward. There are no rules to study, guidelines to follow, or histories to study that make the lessons clear. Instead, there are constantly changing cases, constantly changing supreme court justice decisions (on what seem to be the same subject), and more and more frustration from a lack of understanding in the class.

On a short note, as this will have to be because I'm pretty tired and don't have too much fun and exciting things to tell you about, it's pretty nice going to school. Having class with the same 80 people every day makes every one feel like part of the crowd...or at least me and some other guys seem like part of the crowd. This is important because soon when the real hard stuff starts to settle in, everyone is going to need help. It's nice to establish these basic acquaintance relationships, in addition to the cool friendships, so that you can go and find the smart guys and girls from the class and make a solid study group. At least, that would be the theory.
Already I think that there are some expectations for myself and for a few of the other people in the class. Yeah, yeah, I know. Really though, you can see the recognition and the general sense that people have about you when you talk to them. And when you drink with them.

Again there was a going out on the town trip with the kids from the section. Mr. B and I hit up this other little bar first, $6 cover to get in, free drinks from 9:30-10:30. Good situation. After that Mr B., Buckley, and some of Mr. B's lady friends and I all hit up the bar where the party was at. Thank goodness we didn't show up at the start, jello shots had been given, taken, and the more had been given out again. After the first bar I focused on water, thankfully, and ended up making it quite a late night. Took the metro home, hung out with a buddy for about an hour more; very relaxed southern california kind of guy, he has a pet hedgehog, he's cool. In any case, it wasn't too bad, but it's a strange feeling going out to a bar, seeing a tone of people you know, and having to make the rounds. It's kind of fun. You hear, 'there he is', or a, 'where ya been?' or even just, 'hey man'. Finally, I understand that 'Cheers' theme song.

Even with all this fun. Studying is definitely taking it's toll. So many words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs, and sentences have just been absorbed. Also, I may have created a slight addiction to coffee and caffeine. It's nothing serious, but last Friday I was definitely moving a little slower in the morning. I didn't have my coffee, or my orange juice. It was pretty rough.

Law

PS. Hopefully when this coming week is over, I'll get out during the daytime. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Well... it looks like its starting to get quite interesting.. but know you will be able to handle everything, and study buddies and friends help.

    Love... Mom

    ReplyDelete